Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Way
Enjoy.

.mp3    BenjaminJohnBetterWay-V2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)

.mp3    BenjaminJohnBetterWay.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)

Here are some things that jumped out at me in this mix: at 20 seconds in the crash is off time. The bass note at 29 seconds sounds wrong to me even though that is what was given in the track Smile. The crash at 53 seconds is also off time and jarring. I like the addition of the shaker and the tamborine. When the tamborine first comes in it sounds like there are some timing issues here and there. The solo guitars could come up some and the piano at the end could come down some. Nice job getting rid off all that crazy sibilance. What was your method for that?

Tim
Hello

*Guitars and uku are missing a lot.
*overall eq is very bright with very littl mids. Mix needs more body.
*Balances on the rest seem ok.
*I agree on the odd cymbal of time it throws you off.

It's a good mix but can be improved. hope it helps.
Hi Guys, thanks for listening, and I agree on your comments. Yes some parts seem to be terrible off time. Didn't really listen for that, but I should have. Does not sound ok. And also the bass note sound weird at 29.
Maybe a little more body in the mix would be nice Shul. Prefer to have laid back guitars though, maybe sologuitar little louder. I think it's more a matter of taste.
I will try to improve it and upload a new mix later.

Thansk again :-)
/C
Tried to improve it a little in a new mix :-)
Johnny, I really did nothing special for the sibilance, there was some ambience track I didn't like very much so I lowered the volume and added my own ambience.

/C