Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambitions!
Hello guys! Just my first try! any helpful tip appreciated!!!

.mp3    Ambitions.mp3 --  (Download: 4.86 MB)

Greetings and welcome!

Love the power chord guitars and bass you have in your version. They'll have all the air guitar enthusiasts gyrating in their studios Smile

The mix is very good all round, maybe the vocals could come up just a little bit, but there does seem to be some tom hits missing in parts. This track, from memory, needs loads of volume automation for the toms to keep them in the mix. They are very inconsistently hit/recorded throughout the track.
The way I got around this was to set the relative levels of the four tomtom channels so that they all sounded about even and had them all going to a stereo buss instead of directly to the main outs. The stereo buss was sent to the main outs.
I then rode the fader of this toms 'group' to keep their levels consistent.

Hope that this can be of some help!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
(08-05-2013, 03:40 AM)Dags Wrote: Greetings and welcome!

Love the power chord guitars and bass you have in your version. They'll have all the air guitar enthusiasts gyrating in their studios Smile

The mix is very good all round, maybe the vocals could come up just a little bit, but there does seem to be some tom hits missing in parts. This track, from memory, needs loads of volume automation for the toms to keep them in the mix. They are very inconsistently hit/recorded throughout the track.
The way I got around this was to set the relative levels of the four tomtom channels so that they all sounded about even and had them all going to a stereo buss instead of directly to the main outs. The stereo buss was sent to the main outs.
I then rode the fader of this toms 'group' to keep their levels consistent.

Hope that this can be of some help!

Dags

Thank you so much for your time and your advice Dags!