Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le Vent - Dags mix
Smile lol
Hmmm... The snare & kick are about right for the balance I was after. Didn't want to make it a drum heavy rocker & was looking for them to sit back a little in the blend of instrumentation. They are still very audible, just not too forward in the mix. A bit on the folk side of rock.
The acoustic guitars in the right of the soundstage *should* be matching the electric guitar on the left in frequency content (roughly) and level so that there's balance in either ear. Are they really much louder? If so I need to do some serious checking of my entire monitoring setup including my headphones! (Or maybe my ears are worse than I thought they are)

Probably the bass is a little loud in this mix. I had a lot of trouble accurately placing it as there's so much distortion in it and everything else and there wasn't a lot of really low bass in the supplied file so I had to really boost the sub 90Hz range (from memory).

Oh well. Perfection still eludes me Wink

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
The acoustic is not bad bad i can just hear it right pan just a bit higher than i would like thats all.Good mix this Dags,nice kick,so much better than my rubbish mix .