Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le Vent - Dags mix
Funny little song and tricky to mix.

Nothing fancy being done here apart from the low bass which I have tried to enhance a little and no automation to speak of apart from fades at the end.

But it's all there in my small mono speaker Big Grin

Gotta wake up in 3 hrs - better get to bed!

Dags

.mp3    The Wind - Dags mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.12 MB)

So many songs, so little time!
Hey friend ! Dying to listen to what you've done !
No speakers here (vacations)... But I'll give it the ultimate test :iPhone Smile
Cheers !
Nice mix Dags,horrable song to mix this the tracking is nasty.
I now wish I had replaced that snare hit at the start 0:16 which is a bit naff.
I think it could do with a little EQ cut across the 250-400Hz range to clean up some of the murk. I'll leave that for the mastering stage Smile Smile
Whoah! does the uploaded song just cut out at the end!!?? Or is it a problem with my audio streaming?

....nope - just streaming issue *phew!*

Oh cool!
Just found these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU1fJI2O0IA

http://vimeo.com/54741321
(07-05-2013, 06:19 PM)Dags Wrote: Funny little song and tricky to mix.

Nothing fancy being done here apart from the low bass which I have tried to enhance a little and no automation to speak of apart from fades at the end.

But it's all there in my small mono speaker Big Grin

Gotta wake up in 3 hrs - better get to bed!

Dags

Reminds me of the Beatles early stuff. Nice work.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(07-05-2013, 08:21 PM)takka360 Wrote: horrable song to mix this the tracking is nasty.

Agreed, it's a pity because it is a good song. The vocals are terribly distored.
Only very subtle changes here:

Replaced a couple of dodgy sounding snare hits at the start.

I couldn't get my snare sounding as 'snarey' as Spede did, but I did purloin his parallel processing to add a little blip of high frequency colour to it....hardly noticeable but gives each snare hit a little bit more excitement in the snap region without changing the basic sound of the snare itself. This effect buss channel was muted for the rolling fill about 2/3 of the way through.

I also added some automation to two of the backing vocals to bring them up in level where I felt the backing had dropped away too much without the rest of the vocals supporting them.

Oh, I also cut a little of the mud out of the track to add subliminal brightness to the overall mix.

Dags

.mp3    The Wind - Dags mix V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.12 MB)

Hi Dags,real nice mix mate but is it me or is that snare very low.
Also i think the acoustic is a bit loud too.Angry you lol