Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nova-One Studio - Four Graham
Here's mine. Kick replaced. Snare replaced, but I blended in some of the original to help it sound more natural. Lead vocals... holy cow, lots of pre-fader automation just to level stuff out and deemphasize some of the the harsh consonants. EQ combined with multi-band compression to even out the midrange of the lead vocals. Electric guitars - used compression with a really slow attack to try to get them to pop more. Lots of automation and a lot of work, but I finally got it to sound like it did in my head when I first heard the sample.

.mp3    Nova-One Studio - Four Graham.mp3 --  (Download: 6.53 MB)

I've been working with this song for a while and haven't gotten it to sound the way I want it to. I love this!
(09-05-2016, 01:36 PM)RebeccaSatz Wrote: I've been working with this song for a while and haven't gotten it to sound the way I want it to. I love this!

This song is tricky to mix, so don't get discouraged if you're not getting it to sound right. My last mix was a slam dunk because it was recorded so well, but this one stopped me in my tracks because I'd spend so much time fixing technical details that my brain got used to hearing the rough mix and it started sounding fine to me even though it wasn't. Sometimes you have to stop and come back the next day so you can really hear things objectively. Speaking of which, I just listened to this mix again after thinking it was perfect last night, and it would appear the vocals are sitting on top of the mix and the guitars are getting a bit lost.