Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Way Mix
This song is great! I did run into a couple problems. There was one bass note that sounded weird so I copy pasted the correct note from another part of the song. Also had trouble with how thin everything except the bass and kick sounded. I wonder if this was tracked with EQ? That might explain the excessive amount of sibilance in the vocal track. I automated all the S and T and Ch sounds and still had to put a De-Esser on it. It still might be too sibilant though Smile. Anyways, this is my attempt at it. Hope I did the song some justice.

Tim

.mp3    Better Way Mix 2 Limited_1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.97 MB)

Hello, J_ohnny! It was nice to listen your version! I find this very smooth and solid. Great work!
(08-05-2016, 11:44 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello, J_ohnny! It was nice to listen your version! I find this very smooth and solid. Great work!

Thanks Konek!
Hi, Johnny !
I think you could've done more balanced sound by giving proper reverbs on each tracks.
Volume controls are great! , but the lead vocal sounds a bit small and dry and kind of stuck in the middle and doesn't come out. I think you should give more volume and reverbs to the lead vocal.

and little more volume to bass and a bit or EQ too. Kick is just not allowing the bass.

and only guitar has much reverb here... I think it's great when it's not playing by the sound that's coming from far away which is acoustic guitar, recorded at the same time with electric guitar. cause it makes the space like magical place, you know.

anyway it was my humble opinion, thanks !
Thanks for the feedback DanielHwang. You're right about my bass being too low. I'm not sure what you mean by the acoustic guitar that's playing from far away. There is an electric that is real quiet during the verses so I made it louder and added a delay with the feedback up to make a sonic bed. It may not be working though, but I didn't like just hearing a tiny bit of something in the backgrounds of the verses so I tried to turn it into something. I also turned the vocal up a little. Anyways here it is.....

.mp3    Better Way Mix 3 Limited.mp3 --  (Download: 4.91 MB)

(16-05-2016, 03:44 AM)j_ohnny Wrote: Thanks for the feedback DanielHwang. You're right about my bass being too low. I'm not sure what you mean by the acoustic guitar that's playing from far away. There is an electric that is real quiet during the verses so I made it louder and added a delay with the feedback up to make a sonic bed. It may not be working though, but I didn't like just hearing a tiny bit of something in the backgrounds of the verses so I tried to turn it into something. I also turned the vocal up a little. Anyways here it is.....

Ok I might have cranked the bass a little too much. Oh well the learning continues .