Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicksand Mix
Hi all,

Here is my mix of quicksand. This was fun. I've never mixed anything with a separate vocal effects track. Had my usual problems with finding the right bass level and went back and forth on the overall brightness of the track. I threw a limiter on the master to bring up the level.

Tim

.mp3    Quicksand mix 1 limited.mp3 --  (Download: 5.93 MB)

You are right. My vocal is too high and I think yours is just a teeny weeny too low. A db or two would do or a touch of Rvox . Really good mix!
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.
(09-05-2016, 02:50 AM)mingus Wrote: You are right. My vocal is too high and I think yours is just a teeny weeny too low. A db or two would do or a touch of Rvox . Really good mix!

Yeah it's embarrassing how many times I went back and forth on the vocal level. I'll kick it up a little with a trim plugin so I don't mess with my automation. Thanks for the feedback.

Tim
Quite a nice sounding mix j_ohnny,
The vocal level to me is sounding ok, may be just some parallel comp to add a little weight to it. Help it hold it's own against the heavier guitar tones. The only other thing perhaps is to bring up the guitar solo.
Great Work
Dave