Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish's Mix and Master
Great Recording. I decided to make a more wider space for two instruments to take up.

Big Grin
pick the best mix/master, and give me suggestions on how to further improve on it!

(note that the 16 bit file is exactly the same encoding as the other mix/master, just different masters and mixes only)

(updated)

.mp3    Bolz And Knecht - Hungarian Dance No. 5-002.mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

.mp3    Bolz And Knecht - Hungarian Dance No. 5 16bit.mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

Polishing turds is not a type of business that you want to frequently do.
No audio in the first track, but really enjoyed the 2nd. Nice space and control.

Well Done
Dave.
(03-05-2016, 01:08 PM)Dangerous Wrote: No audio in the first track, but really enjoyed the 2nd. Nice space and control.

Well Done
Dave.

Sorry about that, I've updated the first mix, which is the one with a '16 bit' at the end. The difference should be very subtle. Any more suggestions?

Cheers
Not hearing a lot of difference between the 2 listening with headphones. The 16 bit mix is maybe just sounding 1-2dB quieter.
No other suggestions really. You could maybe try placing the guitar and sax side by side instead of on top of each other for some extra width. In saying that though, I think your current soundstage works well.

Dave
(03-05-2016, 01:44 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Not hearing a lot of difference between the 2 listening with headphones. The 16 bit mix is maybe just sounding 1-2dB quieter.
No other suggestions really. You could maybe try placing the guitar and sax side by side instead of on top of each other for some extra width. In saying that though, I think your current soundstage works well.

Dave

Thanks a lot! Now i can set my mind at ease Wink
(03-05-2016, 09:21 AM)LePalteFish Wrote: Great Recording. I decided to make a more wider space for two instruments to take up.

Big Grin
pick the best mix/master, and give me suggestions on how to further improve on it!

(note that the 16 bit file is exactly the same encoding as the other mix/master, just different masters and mixes only)

(updated)

just listened to the "16 bit" upload.
Well done. I agree on the centre panning, any other positioning would be less natural to my ears. The amount of reverb is a matter of taste.
I like it! good job.
cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland