Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew: 'What I Want' Mixed by Davius
Hello all !

I've just discovered the website and this discussion zone this week, and after some hours of work, here is my version of this song, posted for an advice !

It's my first end-to-end mixing job, and it seems that I didn't picked the easiest song !...

The mix has been done with Reason 6.5, and the default plugins.

Thanks,
David

.mp3    Davius - Brew - What I Want (v1.5).mp3 --  (Download: 9 MB)

(04-05-2013, 12:05 AM)davius Wrote: Hello all !

I've just discovered the website and this discussion zone this week, and after some hours of work, here is my version of this song, posted for an advice !

It's my first end-to-end mixing job, and it seems that I didn't picked the easiest song !...

The mix has been done with Reason 6.5, and the default plugins.

Thanks,
David

Hello David and welcome.
In general i find your mix a little harsh and i think u have to work a bit more for your balance (especially with your drums)
ps that snare needs body Tongue.
Now, for your first complete mix i am very impressed!Some good fx and dynamic process.I like the back vox a lot, bat i think they pumping in the mix.
Sorry if i was hard on you, and i am not a great mixer too, i am trying to learn here and i give you my perspective for your work.
keep up!!

Great first mix davius. Great balance between the instruments.
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your advices ! (Don't worry Gopener, those comments are constructive.)

I've spend a lot of time on the drum's EQ (Kick + SN), but I agree that's not perfect...
I think the balance is made a little "flat" by the Room mic, witch is in mono, maybe the stereo OH was enough to capture the room ambiance.

Those learning will be useful for my next mixes !

David.