Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungarian Dance No. 5
Lovely version. Johannes Brahms Hungarian Dance No. 5 is quite a flamboyant piece with a lot of tempo changes and mood swings. This movement has been beautifully maintained with this duet. Hats off to Bolz & Knecht on a very tight performance.

I feel I might have been fighting with what was offered with these three tracks by the way I arranged my sound stage. With my panning of the guitar and sax, I feel that I haven't utilised the the sax spill fully that was captured with the guitar mic. Really nice sound.

Very enjoyable track to work with.

Edit,
Version#2 uploaded complementing the stereo guitar mic.

Version#3 uploaded reduced stereo width and reverb adjustment.

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_HungarianDanceNo5 Dangerous#3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.72 MB)

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_HungarianDanceNo5 Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

Great mix, though when listening on headphones the instruments sound a bit too apart
(01-05-2016, 05:42 PM)therecordingguy Wrote: Great mix, though when listening on headphones the instruments sound a bit too apart

Thanks for the comments, I ended up basing my soundstage on the guitar stereo mic and panning the close sax mic for the best cohesion. I do hear what your saying and I may have to reduce the width of the stereo mic and the sax whist leaving the reverb tracks untouched? Not sure, will have to play around with it a bit more.
Dave.