Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Travelling Band: 'Quicksand'
Clean recording and was nice to mix. There were some phase issues to fix with some of the drum parts. Oddly enough, I found the trickiest part was working with the Lead Vocal FX track. With all those honky frequencies, the mute temptation was definitely there. Of course, the artist would want it there for a reason, so worked with it as best as possible!

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    quicksand.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

Sound great Mick,
This is my first listen to this track and to be honest didn't hear anything to be critical of. Just listened to the song and enjoyed. Love the guitar tones and the overall darker tone of the song. A very popular sound at present. Reminds me of Moon Taxi's soundscape.

Dave
Good mix.. Sounds great.. What monitors u use? what plugins did u use?
I Love your mix Mick, translates well on my monitors.

Cheers,
Don Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(25-04-2016, 02:31 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sound great Mick,
This is my first listen to this track and to be honest didn't hear anything to be critical of. Just listened to the song and enjoyed. Love the guitar tones and the overall darker tone of the song. A very popular sound at present. Reminds me of Moon Taxi's soundscape.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yeah it's definitely a popular sound these days. It's a sort of like a hybrid low-fi hi-fi thing.

Cheers,
Mick
(25-04-2016, 05:37 PM)almix Wrote: Good mix.. Sounds great.. What monitors u use? what plugins did u use?

Hey almix, thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it. My monitoring is a multi-speaker setup with HS8's, Eve SC205's and an Avantone MixCube, plus various types of headphones for referencing sometimes. As for plugins, I generally only use UAD and Waves 90% of the time. Slate Digital occasionally and FabFilter too.

(26-04-2016, 08:09 AM)thedon Wrote: I Love your mix Mick, translates well on my monitors.

Cheers,
Don Big Grin

Cheers Don! Smile

nice mix! guitars sound great, snare could do with some distance/space (for me)
(27-04-2016, 05:08 PM)loupi Wrote: nice mix! guitars sound great, snare could do with some distance/space (for me)

Thanks for listening, appreciate it.