Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cassettes - Believe (huge mix)
I Am Cassettes - Believe

.mp3    I Am Cassettes - Believe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.53 MB)

Hey there. Definetly the voice is way to low, almost missing at some point. The drums+bass doesnt work at all. It's just a blurry mess in the low end. Ur kick need's definition and attack, your snare is completly hidden. Low cut, compress and enhance 3k or around to make it poke thru the mix. That's definetly what u have to work more on getting this mix right. Get some shiny and punchy drums and blend them with the bass...then starting arraging the mix around that Wink
I dont want punchy.
Good advice from Ak3r as I take it you are a noob mixer
https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1/...ed-by-alan

Check my mix out maybe for a ref of what Ak3r means as I think I am
in the ballpark.
(25-04-2016, 10:02 PM)takka360 Wrote: https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1/...ed-by-alan

Check my mix out maybe for a ref of what Ak3r means as I think I am
in the ballpark.

Thanks, but too dry for my taste and narrow, missing high fidelity. I don't want punchy, wonder more how to overlay sounds very subtly so it sounds more cinematic. I will revisit it again this weekend in the studio. and update here.
Fair enough
(26-04-2016, 08:28 AM)takka360 Wrote: Fair enough

I meant this with cinematic

.mp3    untitled-051.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Listening to your recent mix.

*I like the vocal work.. But the reverb on the delay is a bit overwhelming... Perhaps lowering the delay
*there is more bass on the ambiance instrumental than in the bass.
*snare is lacking body. It sounds too weak. I would use a sample to replace or support the one you have.
*overall reverb in everything is summing up, destroying your mix.
*balance is actually not that bad, you seem to have a good grasp on it. I think you just have to pay more attention to detail.
*kick would fit better if you removed a good deal from 300hz to 800hz... And boost around 3k to 6k.

My version of this mix is posted. Feel free to look it up. Its fairly wet in reverb so maybe you like it better than takkas version, which is a great reference by the way.

Keep it up!
(29-04-2016, 03:50 AM)Shul Wrote: Listening to your recent mix.

*I like the vocal work.. But the reverb on the delay is a bit overwhelming... Perhaps lowering the delay
*there is more bass on the ambiance instrumental than in the bass.
*snare is lacking body. It sounds too weak. I would use a sample to replace or support the one you have.
*overall reverb in everything is summing up, destroying your mix.
*balance is actually not that bad, you seem to have a good grasp on it. I think you just have to pay more attention to detail.
*kick would fit better if you removed a good deal from 300hz to 800hz... And boost around 3k to 6k.

My version of this mix is posted. Feel free to look it up. Its fairly wet in reverb so maybe you like it better than takkas version, which is a great reference by the way.

Keep it up!

*I meant it to be overwhelming engulfing you in the sound.
*The string ambience has a sharp cutoff @ 100 hz
*The snare is meant to be drowned, its just a different approach i dont want it to be punchy
*The reverb is glueing everything but is at least 12db under the instruments, detail is further rounded off / saturated by higher Tube Bias and slow mastering compression on the SPL Iron.
*The kick has some boost @ 6K but is meant to be drowned.

I can make a mix like the one you have but that is a different take, i wanted to bring it somewhere else Smile