Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dice Mix Matts Version
Please let me know what you think. I am always trying to improve.

.mp3    The Dice Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 13.83 MB)

Hey Matt,
Pretty Good Mix, I think your balances and sounds are really good, great guitar tones and spread. The only thing for me is the lack of dynamics. Drums are missing some of their "punch" (sounds like you may be hitting the master fairly hard) and the track is a little one dimensional and lacking in the intensity variations that are required through the louder and quiet sections of the song. Giving the track an emotional journey. Nothing some automation can sort out.
I reckon this mix is pretty close to being great if you can work on these issues.

Dave.
Hi Metal Matt,
Cool sounding mix I like it a lot,sounds well balanced.
A couple of minor thing that come to mind while having a listen .
The kick beater and toms sounds a touch boosted and poking out a touch at around 3-5k.
The panned electrics sound a touch full at around 300-500 hz area Not sure if maybe masking a touch the vocals a touch ?
Maybe a touch less 130 -300hz on the kick to remove some boxyness and maybe also the electric guitars in the same area to give the bass some space ?
Just some thoughts and guesses while having a listen.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you guys for you input I am going to go back through and work on everything you have suggestedBig Grin