Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Me Free mixed by David Rivas
Hey guys,

This is my second post in the forum. I'm really eager to become a better mixer, so all of your comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

David

.mp3    Patrick Talbot - Set Me Free.mp3 --  (Download: 10.99 MB)

Wow, this is really nice David. Very enjoyable listen. I love the space, clarity and fullness you have achieved. Patrick's vocal's are sounding beautiful and all instruments are featured nicely and with great contrast . This mix really shows off the great arrangement of the song. I found the journey and the harmony of the song captivating from start to finish.

Well Done
Dave
I agree with Dangerous Dave, this is a really nice mix! I like it.
I actually forgot about nitpicking (as I'm used to do Big Grin) and just enjoyed it.
Great job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(21-04-2016, 01:36 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Wow, this is really nice David. Very enjoyable listen. I love the space, clarity and fullness you have achieved. Patrick's vocal's are sounding beautiful and all instruments are featured nicely and with great contrast . This mix really shows off the great arrangement of the song. I found the journey and the harmony of the song captivating from start to finish.

Well Done
Dave

Hey, Dave!

Thank you so much! My main concern with the song was that every instrument could have a space of their own and contribute to one another and to the mix as a whole, so is great to see this happened!

Getting these comments really make me feel like I'm on the right track and motivate me to become better and better.

Thank you again

David
(21-04-2016, 02:47 PM)ptalbot Wrote: I agree with Dangerous Dave, this is a really nice mix! I like it.
I actually forgot about nitpicking (as I'm used to do Big Grin) and just enjoyed it.
Great job!

Thank you! I'm really open to criticism as I feel will help me to grow a lot as a mixer, but starting with such positive comments is great! By the way, I really loved the song! Which is really helpful when it comes to be inspired to mix it! Smile

Cheers!

David
Glad you liked the song David! All I would say is that you're on to a great start as a mixer. Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
O man, this is a great mix here!

All the instruments are wonderfully blended and you've captured the groove of the song 5/5