Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone with You
Greetings All,

First off congrats to the band. Tis a real nice bit of music.

There are no master plugs on this track as I gave up on the free ones that I have so if Shul is out there "do your majic my friend".

You may have to turn it up a bit on your end as she comes alive when pushing some air.

the tails on the vocal is intentional. Thought It fit but thats my opinion.

Sped up the tempo some and shortened it here and there--my apologies to the band but again I thought it added loads of energy to the mix.

As usual let me know what you think.

Mike

.mp3    AloneWithYou-Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 14.24 MB)

Sorry in advance man, the sped up tempo sounds really unnatural and takes away the impact of the track. It reminds me of hitting the fast forward button and holding play at the same time on a cassette deck.

Otherwise the mix sounds pretty good, the lead guitar in the solo is pretty forward in the mix and the snare and toms do tend to sound fairly compressed (this might also be a side effect of speeding up the track)and when the drummer starts digging in on the louder choruses the cymbals tend to sound harsh and brittle. The vocals sound clear and clean but have some honkiness to them, prehapse from a phaser or doubling the vocals in some way. The bass is nice and fat sounding and the acoustic guitars have a nice shimmer to them, good job there.

I can't really make too many more comments because the sped up tempo is really throwing me off here Tongue. Otherwise the mix does sound pretty good.

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(14-04-2016, 03:02 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: Sorry in advance man, the sped up tempo sounds really unnatural and takes away the impact of the track. It reminds me of hitting the fast forward button and holding play at the same time on a cassette deck.

Otherwise the mix sounds pretty good, the lead guitar in the solo is pretty forward in the mix and the snare and toms do tend to sound fairly compressed (this might also be a side effect of speeding up the track)and when the drummer starts digging in on the louder choruses the cymbals tend to sound harsh and brittle. The vocals sound clear and clean but have some honkiness to them, prehapse from a phaser or doubling the vocals in some way. The bass is nice and fat sounding and the acoustic guitars have a nice shimmer to them, good job there.

I can't really make too many more comments because the sped up tempo is really throwing me off here Tongue. Otherwise the mix does sound pretty good.

Greetings,

Here is the mix at the original tempo.

Take a listen and see what you think.

Mike

.mp3    AloneWithYou-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)