Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE DICE MIXED ANN MASTERED
it was very fun and hard to work in this one, i hope you liked

feedback is very appreciated!

.mp3    Lead Inc - The dice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

(06-04-2016, 07:13 PM)lupulus Wrote: it was very fun and hard to work in this one, i hope you liked

feedback is very appreciated!

Really digging the guitar sound overall, but the drums are a bit hidden by them during the chorus. Snare needs a bit more presence, try a saturation plugin or distortion to boost it while adding a bit of color, if corrective eq isn't enough. I like the bass sound, nice crunch to it. Lead vox is a touch too loud, but I like the sound you achieved, especially during the bridge. Overall sweet sound though bro, digging it. Maybe cut low mids a bit in the mastering suite at 200-300k and lower the compression/limiter a touch and it should be solid.
(08-04-2016, 04:47 PM)mattashy Wrote: Really digging the guitar sound overall, but the drums are a bit hidden by them during the chorus. Snare needs a bit more presence, try a saturation plugin or distortion to boost it while adding a bit of color, if corrective eq isn't enough. I like the bass sound, nice crunch to it. Lead vox is a touch too loud, but I like the sound you achieved, especially during the bridge. Overall sweet sound though bro, digging it. Maybe cut low mids a bit in the mastering suite at 200-300k and lower the compression/limiter a touch and it should be solid.

thx for the feedback. i'm agree about the snare, it's a bit hidden but a think it's just a level issue, just need a couple dBs more in te mix.

thx again for the feedback
(08-04-2016, 06:47 PM)lupulus Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 04:47 PM)mattashy Wrote: Really digging the guitar sound overall, but the drums are a bit hidden by them during the chorus. Snare needs a bit more presence, try a saturation plugin or distortion to boost it while adding a bit of color, if corrective eq isn't enough. I like the bass sound, nice crunch to it. Lead vox is a touch too loud, but I like the sound you achieved, especially during the bridge. Overall sweet sound though bro, digging it. Maybe cut low mids a bit in the mastering suite at 200-300k and lower the compression/limiter a touch and it should be solid.

thx for the feedback. i'm agree about the snare, it's a bit hidden but a think it's just a level issue, just need a couple dBs more in te mix.

thx again for the feedback

No problem! The raw recording of the snare was a bit too tamed for my liking, I had to put some saturation on it to give it a little more color. But a simple db boost will do the trick in the context of your mix.
a new version, a few mastering changes.!

.mp3    Lead Inc - The dice v2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

(10-04-2016, 10:18 PM)lupulus Wrote: a new version, a few mastering changes.!

Digging the update! The main vox are a bit loud in comparison to the rest of the track, but I've also been having a hard time fitting them into the mix. Automation is looking like the best option to solve that. Everything else is sounding balanced and I like your choice of FX. A few more tweaks and your good to go. I just uploaded my most recent update. Let me know how it translates on your end.

Thanks,

Matthew Ashy