Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us Mix
Hey this is Marshall Forbis. I'm an audio production student at MTSU and I'm currently in a mixing class (which I mixed this for). I would love some feedback about what was good/what could be improved with my mix. Thanks!

.m4a    A Place For Us.m4a --  (Download: 7.29 MB)

Hello Mforbis

Here are my observations

*Balance could be improved. There are a few instruments that jump out too much and other that are masked away.
*There is quite some mids build up. I would bring clarity overall in the tracks. just a bit here and there so that in the overall feel this feels cleaner.
*Your biggest problem on the song is the drums. They are life less and mudy. Too far back at points. The drums are the grove driver. Without them this song has no soul. You gotta work more on them.
*Vocal eq is pretty decent. It jumps way too upfront at points. This has to do with the overall balance of everything else.

Keep it up, you are on the right track. I'm a bit late with this comment lol
Hi ! I'm currently mixing this song, I will post it within a couple of days I think.

Shul is right, your mix is very unbalanced in terms of volume. Vocals are too much in front, drums too much behind, and keys jump from behind to the front.

Drums are drowned in the reverb which makes them harder to hear.

So my humble advices here is first to really focus on the volume through the whole song to make sure it's always balanced. Use automation to keep it balanced.

Keep it up !