Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J Myles 'Alone with you' by Hank
Newbie 'hobbymixing-guy' hoping for some valuable feedback.

.mp3    J Myles \'Alone with you\'.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Good environmentals. Not quite sold on the eq of the kick. Maybe a bit too much compression. Tracks generally sound very good and good master level.
Interesting take on the balance of the low end, but again, it may be a bit too squashed. Vocal level is very good. Final chorus is nicely done,which the toughest part of the song to hold on the dynamics properly. Echo on the out is creative. Fade could be better, but over-all, nicely done. Pretty darn good for a newbie!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-04-2016, 01:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Good environmentals. Not quite sold on the eq of the kick. Maybe a bit too much compression. Tracks generally sound very good and good master level.
Interesting take on the balance of the low end, but again, it may be a bit too squashed. Vocal level is very good. Final chorus is nicely done,which the toughest part of the song to hold on the dynamics properly. Echo on the out is creative. Fade could be better, but over-all, nicely done. Pretty darn good for a newbie!

Thanks MixInTheCloud. Well, now that I listen to the kick, I couldn't agree more. It sounds weired. I will look it over. Thanks to your input I know where to look and that is key for a beginner. Much appreciated!
(07-04-2016, 01:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Good environmentals. Not quite sold on the eq of the kick. Maybe a bit too much compression. Tracks generally sound very good and good master level.

Well, Good Golly Miss Molly, if I did not find it straight away! It was me trying to eliminate bleed on the kicktrack. Miss-use of the gate. When i turned the gate off, it opened up the kick to its intended glory again Smile