Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles - 'Alone With You' By Patschulle
Hey all.
I have listened to many good mixes in this forum. And I've done what I can on this track.

Hope you like it.Smile

Just creating and mixing for fun in
Studio 4 One

https://soundcloud.com/studio-4-one

.mp3    Justin Myles - Alone With You- By Patschulle.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

sounds good, well balanced.
i thinks you have to work in the middle range in general, that is going to add more clarity and life to your mix, But good work overall !.
I will think about what you say about my mix.

What I think is the most difficult thing is to mix the low and midrange, and to make the decision when the song is finished.
And I have about 20 different mixes on my computer.
I have listened through 5 different sound sources and this is the one that works best for my ears.

This forum will be really good for me to increase my knowledge of where my weaknesses are.

Thanks for your feedback Lupulus.
Excellent. I really like your environmentals especially on the drums and the vocals. I do think the guitars could be a bit hotter in the mix in general. You've created a lot of space and I think you can fill it with more guitar without losing the character of your mix. That would also give you a chance to use the guitars dynamically through the song. Your choice of how to fade the exit seems to miss the mark a bit. There is a tough decision to be made on the fade out. Either fade it out completely before the final figure or keep the level up and include the final figures. A tough choice. If I was going to fade it before the final figure, I may copy a few of the earlier phrases to give myself more time on the fade.

In general though, this is a very good mix to my ears.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]