Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
lead Inc, The Dice,final updated mix
Well! i have to admit that i struggled to get the vocals to fit anyway i gave it my best shot Smile all reviews and comments welcomed.

.mp3    Lead Inc,The Dice.Punchier mix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

nice mix, especially like the back ground vocals, and the automation on the delays. snare sounds like you caught reflections and just you that. and the bridge vocals, what did you do, i like it, damn how did you get them to sound like that. the flange was sick to, god that bridge is sick. the more i listened you changed your snare up. just curious was that some reflections you added to the kick and snare, like the kind you can use in Air reverb. just in my opinion, kick and snare needed some meat and potatoes, but damn the bridge was sick man. cant stop listening to your bridge, what did you do with that flange, and i amprobably wrong but it sounds like you used some phasing in with some of the delays, love that shit,. kick is actually beef, i just like that smack on mine. you used alot of automation, sounds good, cant get over your bridge man.

(03-04-2016, 03:11 PM)Debellatoris Wrote: nice mix, especially like the back ground vocals, and the automation on the delays. snare sounds like you caught reflections and just you that. and the bridge vocals, what did you do, i like it, damn how did you get them to sound like that. the flange was sick to, god that bridge is sick. the more i listened you changed your snare up. just curious was that some reflections you added to the kick and snare, like the kind you can use in Air reverb. just in my opinion, kick and snare needed some meat and potatoes, but damn the bridge was sick man. cant stop listening to your bridge, what did you do with that flange, and i amprobably wrong but it sounds like you used some phasing in with some of the delays, love that shit,. kick is actually beef, i just like that smack on mine. you used alot of automation, sounds good, cant get over your bridge man.

Thanks very much Debellatoris for your comments, with that bridge I wanted something to catch the listeners attention and to refresh the ears,using phasing techniques and slight flange to achieve that,thanks again :-).
Any comments on punchier mix?
Hoping for feedback from wurstdrummer am i heading in the right direction?

.mp3    Lead Inc,The Dice.final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.83 MB)

(05-04-2016, 04:58 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hoping for feedback from wurstdrummer am i heading in the right direction?

I really like this mix, great job on the drum punch.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Hey Cudjoe,
first things I notice is that your stereo field isn't really filled out in a pleasant way, it's like the guitars are just something to fill the whole thing up without actually driving it. The snare seems a little cut on both ends, it doesn't have much punch nor much attack, just the brizzling in the upper mids.

But you got the vocals really nice and, apart from the guitars, the balance is good. Smile

Keep it up!
Thanks Digitaldruglord and Wurstdrummer for your comments and after reading wurstdrummer,s comments i thought i would give it another go,(i hate giving up) so i have done a updated mix bringing up the guitars with more saturation and giving the snare more punch,all honest comments are welcomed,cheers and enjoy.

.mp3    Lead Inc,The Dice.final mix.updated.mp3 --  (Download: 13.89 MB)

so glad you kept the bridge, thats a good sounding mix man.

Thanks very much for your comments Debellatoris.