Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Little late to the party but here-have a listen!
Mixed on Reaper. I try to comment on mixes so I would love some feedback in return. Thanks for listening and have a great day. Love this website!

.m4a    JustinMyles_Alone with you-004.m4a --  (Download: 14.4 MB)

Hey Mingus,
I like your mix it sounds well balanced.
Just a couple of things I can hear while listening on head phones ,the delay's on the guitars and vocals sound great but could be a touch more subtle maybe less time decay or come in now and then to make a statement which is one thing I have to also do in my next mix .
I love the nice snappy snare i think if you could add some plash in top end tail with some reverb would sound sit better in the context of the mix and sound awesome, but just a personal taste thing while listening.
Well done Big Grin
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(02-04-2016, 11:04 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Mingus,
I like your mix it sounds well balanced.
Just a couple of things I can hear while listening on head phones ,the delay's on the guitars and vocals sound great but could be a touch more subtle maybe less time decay or come in now and then to make a statement which is one thing I have to also do in my next mix .
I love the nice snappy snare i think if you could add some plash in top end tail with some reverb would sound sit better in the context of the mix and sound awesome, but just a personal taste thing while listening.
Well done Big Grin
Cheers

Thanks for the feedback 'thedon'. I got so into the delays I had to scale them back from where they were in the mix before this one. They were crazy before.
I didn't eq anything on the snare I liked it from the start so just left it. Definitely could have pulled more 'psshhhh' out of it. The reverb is tcm40 on the stock plate setting mixed about 20%. Definitely went light with that too.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll go listen to some of your stuff. Cheers!
Pretty spacey, Mingus. It was actually refreshing and fun. The sounds you engineered are excellent. The voice sounds very full and dynamic. Would you call that tremel-echo of the guitar solo? Definitely an alternate reality. It took me away.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-04-2016, 12:20 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Pretty spacey, Mingus. It was actually refreshing and fun. The sounds you engineered are excellent. The voice sounds very full and dynamic. Would you call that tremel-echo of the guitar solo? Definitely an alternate reality. It took me away.

Wow, I am humbled by your kind words. So glad you liked it. It's fabfilter 'timeless'...actually two of them in series.
Like your spacey mix Mingus! Smile
(17-04-2016, 12:04 PM)August Wrote: Like your spacey mix Mingus! Smile

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Automation will work wonderful on your delays and vocal ,interesting mix well done.
Thanks Cudjoe. 'Interesting' is an interesting description...haha; much better than 'boring'. I hooked up and fell in love with with my RE201 after not using it for a long time. I learned how to automate the send in Reaper on my last mix.
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.
Sounds good and balanced.

I like the thick vox sound.

Delays are a bit destracting to me in headphones. Not any particular, but as there almost all the time delays they are taking the focus away from main part. But now that I read others comments, I may alone with this comment Smile

I would have wanted the vox to be couple dbs louder.