Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc. - The Dice
I really dig this track! Thanks for up loading! I didn't want to stop mixing itBig Grin

V2: cleaned up the low and high end and changed the bass tone for a little more War in the Warwick. I like the character it gave the track.

V3:A little more clean up on some highs, Started over on the vocal with a little more automation and rebalanced. Snare rolls seemed to be buried so I pulled those up. Pushed the tape machines a little harder and some minor eq/comp adjustments on the main.

.mp3    Lead Inc. - The Dice.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

.mp3    Lead Inc. - The Dice v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

.mp3    Lead Inc. - The Dice v3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

I think you have done quite a good job of this one. Love the guitar tone and width. Sounds like you may have dropped back to just the 2x panned guitars throughout the muted parts, which if thats the case works really well. Great energy and drums. Guitars maybe are a little hot, but I'm listening through headphones and the extra width may be alluding to this. Nice work.
Dave
Thanks for the kind words Dave. I hardly touched the guitars at all, just panned them and gave some slight EQ differences for more width and lowered the volume on the breakdown to make it more "intimate" and to give it more power when the heavy kicks back in. I still feel the vocal need a bit more automation.
The vocals seem a little wet, the reverb is drowning the presence a little.
But it's a solid mix, keep it up!
Re-listening it. The bass sound is killer!
(04-04-2016, 10:03 AM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Re-listening it. The bass sound is killer!

Thanks for listening Wurstdrummer! I agree on the vocal, seems it poked out after cleaning up the other stuff, don't know how I didn't hear it lol!