Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Never Say Goodbye" - Mixed by jp65535
Hi All. Please take a listen and let me know what you like and dislike about it.

I would like to thank the Writers/Performers of this song for making the results of their hard word & talent available for my education and experimentation.
Your kindness is sincerely appreciated.

John

.mp3    NeverSayGoodbye_1.3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.77 MB)

This is a beautiful Song. Gotta have a go on it Big Grin

*Love the fade in but as soon as the strings cut off like that it feels disconnected from the rest of the mix. I would fade them out or work something out.
*Kick presence is missing. Bass swallows it completely. Perhaps some more work between the bass and kick or just use a sample on kick.
*Vocal eq is pretty good. Just think you overdid the reverb on here as well.

all in all It's a beautiful mix apart from the details I just mentioned.
Keep it up!
(28-03-2016, 06:20 AM)Shul Wrote: 1. ...as soon as the strings cut off like that it feels disconnected from the rest of the mix.
2. Kick presence is missing. Bass swallows it completely.
3. ...think you overdid the reverb on here...

Shul,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review and critique. I gotta say, when you're right, you're right. Your comments helped focus my listening and I heard all of the above.

I believe I've addressed those items, and fixed a couple of other things that were bugging me.

If you have a few minutes, give a listen and let me know if I made it better or worse.

Thanks for your kind words,
John

.mp3    NeverSayGoodbye_1.3.1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

hi, im already tried to download this song but failed. Please give me the download link for this beautiful song. thanks in advance.
Great mix!
Beautiful song, indeed. :O
Well, I luved your eq moves, specially on the vocals and keys/synths.
Kick drums just feel right on the newest version. No bad distractions at all. Wouldn't change a thing there. Sometimes, exaggerated Reverb sounds like a charm. Wink
Keep up the good work!
(15-08-2016, 07:41 AM)GlitsMix Wrote: Great mix! ... Keep up the good work!

Hi GlitsMix.
Thanks for the kind words. They are much appreciated.