Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone with You, Justin Myles ~ tgraph mix
A nice tune. Hopefully this mix is of interest. Let me know.

I made a small cut to the intro...

I made a second pass at this to try to even things out a bit, after listening through a few more systems.

And yet another after letting it sit a couple of days...

Integrated loudness ~ -14.1
True peak ~ -1.0
PLR ~ 13.1

last thoughts: I think at least 3 minutes could be could cut out of this song without causing damage. 7 plus minutes is overlong for this style and this sentiment. Just a personal observation. It's difficult to maintain energy all the way through this length.

.mp3    Alone With You.mp3 --  (Download: 16.93 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.
Cool intro with the bass. Interesting environment too. Refreshing. Cool harmonic treatment! ;D I'm hearing a resonance around the vocals in reverb I'm not sure I like. Interesting take on the guitar solo. Well done. Some very well expressed ideas in this mix. Very enjoyable. Is it me or does Justin run out of gas in the final chorus? Not sure I get the hair on the guitar during the out.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the response and the comments. This seemed an easy mix, but there were problems in the levels of almost every track as far as consistency. I think if I wanted to spend the time to do lots more automation, it could have a smoother outcome...
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.