Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nova-One Studio: 'Four Graham' -- Mix
A nice and somewhat catchy song. Regarding drums, I have decided to go with the original tracks rather than retriggering them. Surprisingly, the guitars appeared challenging to me. Not that they are badly recorded or anything, I just couldn't find the right sound. But we have to stop somewhere, right? So I've just reamped dry tracks for some grit and added them to the mix.

Would love to hear any feedback.

Thank you.

.mp3    four_graham_Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 6.31 MB)

Drums sound good. But where is the bass guitar? Make bass guitar present in mid/upper midrange - done Smile
Thank you for taking time to listen and to drop a line. Indeed, there is no bass guitar.

Well, a good part of it. This is what happens when you get used to the song. Actually, mids were intentionally reduced, so that it is easier to manage subbass. I like those frequencies go deep and low. In fact, I just forgot to bring the mids back after that. This is silly. Because the lows expressed a good deal of energy, I felt the bass guitar is fully present. I got tricked by my own ears.

So, thank you for your message. And, by the way, have this kind of things happen to you, and how do you manage general ear fatigue?
References, something what you know really well, with some extras like a record which sounds good but has very deep and low bass. Or something sounding good but very bright. If your mix has much more low end than bass heavy reference -than you know. If your mix is brighter than the brightest reference - than you know Smile