Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren
I very like this song... This is my version. (13 mb after converting, little creepy, haha)

.mp3    SIREN.mp3 --  (Download: 13.24 MB)

Hello Synthpopman

I think the approach you took on this mix was not the right one for the song.
It's missing a lot of grove. I just don't feel it man.

*Kick is not sharp enough.. and for this type of song, it needs to be right there because is one of the back bones in which the song stands.
I would turn it up and work more on the Eq to make it sharper.
*I mostly hear Bass and is hard to listen to everything else. Actually what I hear most through out the whole song is snare bass and vocals.. everything else is too low. Guitars especially need to be more upfront.
*Guitars need to be turned up more as they are another backbone of the beat driver.
*Vocals were going in the right direction they would shine more if you would fix some balances in the mix. (guitars bass fx and synths etc.)
*the "come to me" whispered phrases were too loud in relation with the rest of the mix
*Missing fade out at the very end. The song was completely cut off and that's never good.

I would recomend to listen to some songs of this kind and pay attention to the musical arrangements. Specifically the grove. There is always some type of lead grove that makes your head bang. Then come back to listen to your version and you will hear that is what's missing.

Keep it up though!! Smile Hope this helps and would like to hear your revision of this.