Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles: 'Alone With You' by Jimmy88
So, What do you think guys of my mix.

.mp3    Justin Myles Alone With You.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

.mp3    Justin Myles Alone With You v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.43 MB)

Is this mix is too bad that nobody has any thoughts on it. I think I'm going to make revision to cut some of the high and vocal's sibilance
Hi Jimmy,
I like your version of this great song.
I think you are on the right track about reducing some vocal sibilance also and some top end of the cymbals 10- 12k area.
The toms maybe jumping out a touch in the bottom end not a big deal and nothing a little eq and level adjustment won's fix .
Can hear some deep loose bottom end below 30hz on the bass and kick which rolling off could tighten up the bottom end and give the hopefully your mix a touch more punch and headroom ,not sure if scoping some upper bass on the kick and maybe the bass around 130-150hz area and boosting a touch more 50-90-hz area would help your great mix sound even more tighter and punchier in the bottom end.
just some thoughts while having a little listen.
Well DoneBig Grin

Cheers

Don,

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks thedon for your constructive criticism, this version "V2" I took more care on the lows and highs also I removed some of the hiss. I hope it sounds better now.
Hi.
Version 2 sounds much better,now i can hear the panned acoustics a little wide in the side channels and a little disconnected from the rest of the band could be a phase problem (I find flipping the phase on instruments to hear how they sit in the mix can make a subtle difference especially after any processing) .
Maybe roll off some low frequencies on the overheads as can hear some kick and snare in the side channels.
I played with you mix in reaper by splitting in into 2 separate tracks one with the centre channel only and the other with sides only,rolled off the lows below 150hz and also flipped the phase and brought down the sides 3 db and mixed it back in with the centre track ,i think the guitars sit better and also the kick and snare sound centred now.This was only a rough experiment to show what i mean.

Here is a rough sample .

.mp3    Alone with you Jimmy88 sides adjusted.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts