Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon: 'Everybody's Falling Apart' - Mixed by Qubis
Here is my take on the track. This is my first time mixing something isn't mine and isn't electronic music so this was an interesting experience. I didn't read anything about the stems beforehand and just went straight into it. Personally, I think I did a fairly decent job considering this is my first time mixing something different and I hope you'll forgive me for using closed-back headphones. I don't get studio time anywhere and I don't have the money to do so either.

Personally, I could have done a better job with the bass. Like the sticky thread says, they used a sub to lay under which I should have done too but I didn't. I balanced the kick drum more toward the outside since I prefer the thump that comes from there rather than the inside which is out of tune and I personally just don't like the sound of it. Also, my job on the vocals is probably terrible. I can hear noticeable phasing due to the way I mixed two versions of the same vocal track together; terribly. This is also the first time mixing vocals at all so that would explain that.

I hope you enjoy my interpretation on the song and I hope someone will take the time to give me some criticism as I am looking into getting into the studio side of music; I'll be doing a studio course in uni next year.

.mp3    Phre The Eon - Everybody\'s Falling Apart.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Hi qubis the good news is that you know where you have made some of your mistakes, I would say listen to some of the other mixes, and please if you can reference your mix on speakers of some sort (not just headphones), you will improve and try to keep your main vocals centre stage Smile.