Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Nobody - Stitch Up
My take on Stitch Up

.mp3    stitch up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

Hi!,
I really like the relation between guitars and bass. The harmonies and vocals are just in place. The drums sound cool too, however, I feel like the snare could sound with more body. Great job!

Fran

Hi Dr.Gerry
I like your mix,it sounds pretty balanced.
The kick and mainly the snare sounds a little wide and missing that centre punch.
Could be caused by the stereo ambient drum track,which i had to make mono to fit in the mix and roll off low frequencies and eq some snare boxyness somewhere around the 300-500hz area leaving the overheads in stereo and eqing also rolling off low frequencies and taming the snare boxyness around the 300-500hz area.
The kick out track also has a hollow boxy sound at around 150hz which can easily be notched out with a parametric eq.
Hopfully this will help get your good even more tighter and punchier.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you very much. You're right about the snare - I suppose I just got used to the odd sound while I was mixing....and I convinced myself that it sounded alright. I'll go back and see if I can correct it. That's a good idea about mono-ising the ambient track - I hadn't thought of anything like that, so thanks for that tip.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Thanks for the comments fran. I think drums have probably been my weak point (or the weakest of all my weak points!!). I sort of felt that I was starting to get a bit of the hang of mixing drums with this track. I have done a couple of mixes since this one, and I think I'm starting to get the drum sound and balance a bit better. ANyway, thanks again.

Gerry