Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Better Way - West 3rd Studios Mix
Just got finished with this mix. It's definitely a different style than what I'm use to, but it was still a lot of fun. Hope you like it!

.mp3    Better Way.mp3 --  (Download: 4.86 MB)

Hey Mitchell,
Sounds well balanced here on my monitors.
The vocals vocal effects sound touch full in the low frequencies but that's just a personal taste thing to my ears.
Well done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-03-2016, 09:52 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Mitchell,
Sounds well balanced here on my monitors.
The vocals vocal effects sound touch full in the low frequencies but that's just a personal taste thing to my ears.
Well done Big Grin

Thanks for the feedback!
good job Smile I like it.
Maybe claps and finger clicks are a little bit in front of the mix but it's subjective Smile
(25-03-2016, 09:25 AM)EnjoyTheNoize Wrote: good job Smile I like it.
Maybe claps and finger clicks are a little bit in front of the mix but it's subjective Smile

I actually had difficult time deciding where I wanted the claps/snaps in the mix. Maybe I should have pushed them back with some reverb? Or maybe soften the transients a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!
I actually really like what you did with the claps and snaps! Everything sounds really good. Except the bass and kick, that's where it kind of falls apart for me. It feels like they are in the way and out of place, mainly the kick drum. Everything else sounds great though, that's just what I'm hearing, I could always be totally off the mark..haha. I hope it helps.