Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NovavOne "Four Graham - Mixed by konop
Hi folks,

Here is my mix. Not the easiest track to mix, but who cares Smile Two samples only used just to support original drums (not to replace them).
I don't like how vocal were recorded (different sound in each part, big volume changes).
What do you think?

Edit:
nova one2 - 1st ver.
nova one3 - 2nd ver.

.mp3    nova one2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.97 MB)

.mp3    nova one3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.97 MB)

You've done well, just watch the low end as it's causing it to sound a bit pumpy and it's stepping on the vocal.
(08-03-2016, 12:42 AM)Dmix Wrote: You've done well, just watch the low end as it's causing it to sound a bit pumpy and it's stepping on the vocal.
Thanks man. Yeah, I put cubase maximizer on the mixbus to match the levels of my mix and it's started to pump. I will try to work it out.
I agree with Dmix here. Your mixing decisions are overall very good and I quite like the mix. Just remove the heavy limiting and I think the mix will benefit for sure.
I agree with others, excellent mix from the given multitracks. My favorite so far.
(15-03-2016, 04:02 PM)Olli H Wrote: I agree with others, excellent mix from the given multitracks. My favorite so far.

Thank you! I need to do version without heavy limiting.
Ok, another version without pumping compression and slightly softer.

.mp3    nova one3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.97 MB)

Hey great mix! I only hear one annoying thing, I can not hear the voice in some parts when he sings loud, like about 1:42-1:45, I know I'm listening to it on cheap earbuds but I know how they sound and mixes aren't only to be listened on monitors...

I'm just trying to help, the best mix I've heard of this song!
(05-04-2016, 12:36 AM)Elias Wrote: Hey great mix! I only hear one annoying thing, I can not hear the voice in some parts when he sings loud, like about 1:42-1:45, I know I'm listening to it on cheap earbuds but I know how they sound and mixes aren't only to be listened on monitors...

I'm just trying to help, the best mix I've heard of this song!

Thanks for remark. I should use more automation, it's tricky song to mix with levels jumping all the timeSmile Good point. Thanks for listening.
Really enjoyed this mix.

Having temporarily abandoned my own mix in a fit of pique, I know how hard you've worked to pull this together. blending drum samples are a smart move here as the originals need to be bent into shape something chronic. First thing i did when i started zeroing in on drums was patch in my drum trigger/samples...way too much effort otherwise.

Call me crazy, but i kinda like v1 better. The compression seems to have the bottom end under control better. In V2 i think reducing compression has maybe improved tonality but it feels a bit more lumpy to me.

Take all that with a pinch of salt though as we all have different speakers and listening environments. Nice job.

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar