Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EL VUELO (hard mix) 2016
Great song so I gave it a shot. (surprisingly not that many mixes of it)

Fell in love with the ambiance of this song so went for it right away.
Took me a while but finally did it.

went for fullness on this one and tried the best on definition.
Hope I did well with the ambiance and explosion of the song.

thoughts?

.mp3    Prog 1 El Vuelo (shulmix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

(07-03-2016, 07:54 AM)Shul Wrote: Great song so I gave it a shot. (surprisingly not that many mixes of it)

Fell in love with the ambiance of this song so went for it right away.
Took me a while but finally did it.

went for fullness on this one and tried the best on definition.
Hope I did well with the ambiance and explosion of the song.

thoughts?

Hi Shul, you made a great job! love the kick drum and toms. I´m not in the studio now, but I can say by what I´m hearing that you understood really well my idea. The basses in the entrance of the solo are a great addition. I would suggest to check the arrangement that you put on the right side, feels a little loud and present, maybe a bit more centered and taken back?, same with the first solo note (try centering that one and add delay, fusing it with the solo track).

The ending processing of the guitars feels cool, maybe reducing levels of the octave chords ones and taking care of high frequencies could be the only thing.

I´m enjoying listening to your mix Big Grin thanks and hope to be helpful!
Shul, this is a solid first mix leading to a client adjustment (prefered adjustments).. it sounds movie/tv ready!
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(14-04-2016, 09:17 PM)Pmartin Wrote: Hi Shul, you made a great job! love the kick drum and toms. I´m not in the studio now, but I can say by what I´m hearing that you understood really well my idea. The basses in the entrance of the solo are a great addition. I would suggest to check the arrangement that you put on the right side, feels a little loud and present, maybe a bit more centered and taken back?, same with the first solo note (try centering that one and add delay, fusing it with the solo track).

The ending processing of the guitars feels cool, maybe reducing levels of the octave chords ones and taking care of high frequencies could be the only thing.

I´m enjoying listening to your mix Big Grin thanks and hope to be helpful!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
I should check for those inconsistencies next time I open this project.

Looking forward to mixing your new song Pablo.it sound very experimental. I already know what id like to do with it.

(14-04-2016, 11:03 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Shul, this is a solid first mix leading to a client adjustment (prefered adjustments).. it sounds movie/tv ready!

Agreed DDL.

Is good when you mix something and the tweaks are minimal. It means you were almost to the 100% expectations of the artist.
(15-04-2016, 01:50 AM)Shul Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 11:03 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Shul, this is a solid first mix leading to a client adjustment (prefered adjustments).. it sounds movie/tv ready!

Agreed DDL.

Is good when you mix something and the tweaks are minimal. It means you were almost to the 100% expectations of the artist.

And I must say I´m REALLY picky about my music mix and it´s a complex one, great job.
(15-04-2016, 02:50 AM)Pmartin Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 01:50 AM)Shul Wrote:

Agreed DDL.

And I must say I´m REALLY picky about my music mix and it´s a complex one, great job.

Thanks Pablo. Your comment means a lot.
Yours too guys, Im really surprised and happy about this.
BTW, let me introduce you a band Im producing in the studio, its the first band recorded entirely in my studio,I want to upload some of this material, any critic is well received!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXAXhdoO03c
(15-04-2016, 03:03 AM)Pmartin Wrote: Yours too guys, Im really surprised and happy about this.
BTW, let me introduce you a band Im producing in the studio, its the first band recorded entirely in my studio,I want to upload some of this material, any critic is well received!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXAXhdoO03c

Well just checked your mix. Its great sounding. It'd be great to mix more sessions from your studio.
Honestly great work on that song.

Hope it works out with that band to also release some of their songs.

Thanks for your contribution Pablo. We all appreciate it a great deal.
Great sentence at the end, I agree. To me a mixing engineer (actually any engineer involved) is a guest artist in the song. You can make it great or destroy it depending on how you read it.
Have a nice day Big Grin