Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funky Dino
This was a lot of fun, and for me did not take long to find a grove and placement for things in the tonal landscape. I really like counter-punctual rhythms and used my panning to enhance it against any melody or lead line.
I mixed this a good while ago and for some reason never posted it up beyond my Soundcloud.

The key for me in this mix was the great spanking bass. I thought the performance was excellent and had very little problem with getting it to cut without being to harsh. I built the mix around that.

Please let me know what you think.

.mp3    Dino On The Loose - Queen\'s Light.mp3 --  (Download: 11.47 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
well done mixs all the instruments has there space.
(06-03-2016, 05:22 PM)djrambo954 Wrote: well done mixs all the instruments has there space.

Thanks for your comment. BTW, are you in Broward County?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
yes i am
Love You Mix ,Sounds well balanced and Love the bass, sounds like you went for a touch more compressed sounding drum sound than i did but works well in your mix and i like it a lot .
Listening on headphones the panned shaker sounds a touch upfront but it's just my personal taste.
Well Done Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(07-03-2016, 09:32 AM)djrambo954 Wrote: yes i am

Me too.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-03-2016, 12:54 PM)thedon Wrote: Love You Mix ,Sounds well balanced and Love the bass, sounds like you went for a touch more compressed sounding drum sound than i did but works well in your mix and i like it a lot .
Listening on headphones the panned shaker sounds a touch upfront but it's just my personal taste.
Well Done Big Grin !

Thanks for the kudos. The drums were only mildly compressed. I did some mild compression on the snare and some parallel compression on the drum buss. I liked the openness of the drums and the tone they had and did not want to alter that too much, just some slight enhancement to bring it out in the mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-03-2016, 03:53 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This was a lot of fun, and for me did not take long to find a grove and placement for things in the tonal landscape. I really like counter-punctual rhythms and used my panning to enhance it against any melody or lead line.
I mixed this a good while ago and for some reason never posted it up beyond my Soundcloud.

The key for me in this mix was the great spanking bass. I thought the performance was excellent and had very little problem with getting it to cut without being to harsh. I built the mix around that.

Very nice id just tone it down with the eq work and make it sound more live and open sounding other than that not much else great snare sound although i don't feel as if it fits the song bass could have some compression on the mid frequencies too just to give it a boost its all subjective really
(08-03-2016, 01:47 AM)andrew0v Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 03:53 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This was a lot of fun, and for me did not take long to find a grove and placement for things in the tonal landscape. I really like counter-punctual rhythms and used my panning to enhance it against any melody or lead line.

Very nice id just tone it down with the eq work and make it sound more live and open sounding other than that not much else great snare sound although i don't feel as if it fits the song bass could have some compression on the mid frequencies too just to give it a boost its all subjective really

It's funny, but this song in my mind has no relation to a 'live' sound. This is a studio dance track if it is anything and treated as such. I caught no inkling of a live band performing this on a stage. Did you? Thanks for the comments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]