Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better way
Fun song

.mp3    Benjamin John - Better Way.mp3 --  (Download: 4.98 MB)

.mp3    Benjamin John - Better Way_2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.98 MB)

Hello Sono.

Good Balance overall Sono.
A few observations

*The snare is very low in the mix, hardly noticeable. Not sure if this was done on porpose but I feel the snare needs to be more upfront as is part of the groove driver.
*Good Stereo balance with the uku and guitars.
*like the brightness of your vocal.

Good mix.
The vox sounds nice, but I think it could come up a bit in the chorus. Overall blend is quite pleasing!
Thanks for feedback. I boosted snares and automated vocals. Also removed compressor on master.
Sono, this is a nice mix, well done. I particularly liked your treatment on the acoustic guitars, they are very balanced and clearly audible in all sections. There's a little bit of vocal sibilance coming through mainly in the chorus, but that's it really.
I like it, sound great to me.

Only critisism that came to my mind is that main vox is a bit unfocused and lisping when the bg-voxes join him. But that’s probably only a problem to my ears, so I quess no need to think about it.
Hi sono,
I like your mix a lot.
The tambourine sounds a little upfront and can hear a slight dip in the upper frequencies of the mix somewhere around the 1k to 4 k area on my Auratones which are really sensitive in that area but not a big deal.
Good jobBig Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts