Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im Alright Mix
Any feedback good, bad and ugly all welcome.

.mp3    Im Alright Mixdown 4..mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Each of the individual instruments in your mix sound great, yet I sense a timidity in your mix over-all. With sounds this good I think you can be more aggressive with your mix to capture more of the energy of the song. I know this sounds vague, but as an example, the guitar on the left, I think this could be louder or not so distant. The instruments are almost too distinct and need more of an ensemble approach to get the power of the song to shine through. I hope that makes sense.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Yeah I think I do understand what you're saying. In fact all through the mix I was second guessing the volume of certain instruments. Perhaps they are too far back in the mix in certain circumstances throughout the song. Hey thanks for taking the time to respond. Your comments did make sense and they were thought provoking.
The balance seems pretty good. I think a little more ambience (delays, reverbs, chorus etc) would help separate the instruments out. Possibly a little more in the way of cuts in the 200-500Hz band also will add some clarity.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Thanks Jeff. appreciate you taking the time to listen and share some of your advice and recommendations. Cheers mate