Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please :)
Big Grin ¡Hi Master Mixers! ¡Please dont be gentle! Im a big boy, I can take it. ¡Rewards for the best troll!Tongue

.mp3    Ojebokoren_ThatsEntertainment_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 2.26 MB)

So I had a listen. I thought it had a too wide/fake stereo image. Downloaded it to do some quick experiment. I think your mix got better when I lowered the level of the sidechannel by 2.5dB - 3.5dB. Try it and see what you think. Other than that.. I don´t know. I think it´s good. For whatever reason in your mix I hear some horrible performance pitches. I have heard them before but they stand out clearly in your mix. They got masked somewhat when I lowered the sidechannel.
(01-03-2016, 09:14 AM)mange Wrote: So I had a listen. I thought it had a too wide/fake stereo image. Downloaded it to do some quick experiment. I think your mix got better when I lowered the level of the sidechannel by 2.5dB - 3.5dB. Try it and see what you think. Other than that.. I don´t know. I think it´s good. For whatever reason in your mix I hear some horrible performance pitches. I have heard them before but they stand out clearly in your mix. They got masked somewhat when I lowered the sidechannel.

Thank you for listening! I did tried to make a big stereo on the piano, I'll try to make it better. I have the impression that you are not very exited about the mix. Maybe a little boring?
I think your mix is good. Especially after my little tweak. Did you try it? If anything more you could work a little on the esses. Esses got a bit exaggerated on this recording, don´t know if that´s common to choir recording or if it was the mics I used. Spaced pair mics were borrowed, side mic was used for the first time.

I doubt I will ever get goosebumps from this recording, whoever mix it Smile Another song from the session actually do. They used a lead vocalist for that one that sang very good. It got a lot more interesting to me with a lead part. Unfortunately that song is a cover of a more recent song so Mike for obvious reasons didn´t want to "publish" it here.