Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Alone - Freddy V - mixed by konop_tnt
Hello. A lot of bleed in guitar mics, but I heard that some of you managed this well. I had different vision of mix at the begining. What do you think about my mix? I mixed this on bass-heavy headphones, so I'm sure there is too much, or not enough low end Wink

Very nice song for mixing - thanks!

.mp3    not alone-01_konop.mp3 --  (Download: 12.57 MB)

Hi konop_tnt,
It's sounding pretty good with headphones this end. The main things I'm hearing is the snare is sounding a little thin and the electric guitar is disappearing into the background and probably needs to be more present. I hope this helps.
You have done well mixing this with headphones.
Dave.
(27-02-2016, 09:46 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi konop_tnt,
It's sounding pretty good with headphones this end. The main things I'm hearing is the snare is sounding a little thin and the electric guitar is disappearing into the background and probably needs to be more present. I hope this helps.
You have done well mixing this with headphones.
Dave.

Thanks for comments. Very detailed. If next revision will happend I will try to fix it.
Not bad mix konop! It's obvious that you've mixed it on bass heavy headphones, there is almost no low end in the mix. Just fiddling with an EQ over I would probably boost the low end (200Hz and down) about 5dB to get it to a level I'd like. You also had the problem with that damned high hat being just too loud and everywhere.
I'm also missing a bit more of the guitar through the entire song, especially the solo.

Your vocals I think is great! Just a tad bit too loud, but beautifully processed. Also like your use of reverb and delays in the mix. Smile

Please have a listen to my mix and give me some feedback. Smile
All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en