Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Allright
Hi guys,

Tried to do a stock plugins mix.

What I found to be difficult is having the drums sound balanced, roomy yet have its direct sound. And to have a full sounding snare.

Let me know what you think or if you hear things that aren't 'Alright' at all, feel free to write.

Thanks, have a good weekend y'all.

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (Mix by Spadaro_Music 25-02-16).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Little update with little less harsh-ness in the cymbal and percussion and a little extra touch of compression on the stereo-buss.

Cheers,

(26-02-2016, 11:04 AM)Spadaro_Music Wrote: Hi guys,

Tried to do a stock plugins mix.

What I found to be difficult is having the drums sound balanced, roomy yet have its direct sound. And to have a full sounding snare.

Let me know what you think or if you hear things that aren't 'Alright' at all, feel free to write.

Thanks, have a good weekend y'all.

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (Mix by Spadaro_Music 25-02-16v2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

I like your first mix better. The lead guitar sounds great with the effects on it... except during the solo, IMHO. I think it makes it a bit too distant. I think we all had to make a decision about where to place that guitar in the stereo field for both the ensemble and solo parts and then deal with the consequences of that decision. Your choice is the only thing I I find mildly objectionable in your otherwise excellent mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Wow! I like! Maybe add a bit of bottom end, but this is the most professional sounding mix I heard! Well done! Wink
Thanks for your comments, guys! I did some minor tweaks to hopefully improve the mix, and here's how:

- gave back a little low range in parallel-compression bus track.
- did a panning automation on the guitar, it comes from almost hard right, to about 1/3 right and then back. The single note at the end of the solo is used to make the automation audible. Subtle and maybe a matter of taste, but I kind of like that.
- tightened up a little of the low end in the bass, went a little over due to the added low range in the mix.
- limited a little more conservative, still pretty loud though: -1dbfs ceiling (safe for mp3), and 1-2db max on the most dense part of brick wall limiting.

Let me know what you guys think.

Greetings!

(04-03-2016, 08:43 AM)gkallergis Wrote: Wow! I like! Maybe add a bit of bottom end, but this is the most professional sounding mix I heard! Well done! Wink

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright (Mix by Spadaro_Music 25-02-16v4).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Deam!!! Big Grin I really like it! Maybe you can make a tutorial on this, haha! Tongue Good job!