Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Milk cow mix
There is my mix i did a couple of months ago.
It was made with a set of hi-fi speakers.

Really liked the song and the recordings.

.mp3    milk cow blues.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

Hi dimitris,

thanks for sharing your mix! Here are my first impressions after a quick side-by-side comparison with uzilevi's mix (not because this is a contest, but because comparisons help me to understand what to look for... I mean, to hear).

What I like is the clearer separation of the dobro and the piano on the left side and the prominence and ruggedness of both the vocal and the fiddle. I think it fits to pan the fiddle more to the center, given its melodic importance. However, it seems to me that when the guitar enters, the center gets a bit crowded. My first idea would be to temporarily pan the fiddle out of the way. Thinking of panorama, it seems that the right side is rhythmically less interesting than the left. I think I would pan the piano to the right. I also like the 'brushiness' of the snare, but generally find the drums too soft.

Overall, I perceive the frequency balance as very organic and agreeable, and I like the authentic smell of hey and chaff and... well, a setting like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkiOm-vmpcY

Marc
Thanks for commending Phonk.

You are absolutely right about the difference at the left and right side.
Panning the piano seems a great idea.
Unfortunately i mixed the song with some reverbs i was testing back then, wich i don't still have.
So the mix will stay as it is.

Also, drums is one of my weak points.

Thanks again, really appreciating this.

hi
i think you jast need to lower the vocal 2 db and work on it some more that will bring all the other instrement out .than you will have the drums and the instremens sound louder.
but the vocal need to be softer.