Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Headphone MIx
Hi Guys!
I've done mixing using Reaper DAW and ATH-M50 Audio-Technica headphone, any comments and advice would be appreciated. Smile
Thank You!

.mp3    Signe Jakobsen (What Have You Done To Me).mp3 --  (Download: 2.44 MB)

Hi there Ferds, first of all nice work on this mix. I like the overall balance and the bass sound. On the other hand i hear some strange distortions (mainly in the chorus), i think this is because of the distortions in the kick drum itself , perhaps you could replace the kick with a nice sample sound. Also at 1:50 the background vocals are a bit too wide panned (for my taste at least). Hope my comment is useful somehow. Keep up the good work!!

Cheers
The vocals could do with some eq as they sound a bit boxy to me also
(22-04-2013, 04:56 PM)jorger Wrote: Hi there Ferds, first of all nice work on this mix. I like the overall balance and the bass sound. On the other hand i hear some strange distortions (mainly in the chorus), i think this is because of the distortions in the kick drum itself , perhaps you could replace the kick with a nice sample sound. Also at 1:50 the background vocals are a bit too wide panned (for my taste at least). Hope my comment is useful somehow. Keep up the good work!!

Cheers

You are right! I think I need to buy drum sound replacer like drumagog, just to treat some problematic kick, now I know why music mixing is so addictive... Thank you Jorger Smile
(22-04-2013, 07:53 PM)takka360 Wrote: The vocals could do with some eq as they sound a bit boxy to me also

Yes got it, I'm having EQ problem on vocal specially on the opening part, anyway thank you takka360 for the observation appreciate it.