Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIREN- G Wonder
Awesome quality tracks!
mixed in logic

**no drum replacement were use in the mixing of this song**

.mp3    SIREN STEM.01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

I really like your vocal. It's very natural sounding and is well placed in the mix.
I'm missing a particualar guitar track that brings more rhythm to the verses. Sounding a lil empty without it.
Drums are well balanced and they work well with the bass. Maybe some more verb on the snare would be cool.
I'm not a fan of the super thin acoustics but they do support the rhythmic vibe.
Those "come to me"s are souding too wet on the reverb. They are enhancing a lot of air in my opinion which can translate as harsh on some audio systems.
On the breathy "come to me", the compression is way too heavy that it's giving out a clipping sound. You should dial that back I don't think it sounds good.

all in all it's a grate take!! keep it up. It sounding very nice.
(20-04-2024, 08:57 PM)Shul Wrote: I really like your vocal. It's very natural sounding and is well placed in the mix.
I'm missing a particualar guitar track that brings more rhythm to the verses. Sounding a lil empty without it.
Drums are well balanced and they work well with the bass. Maybe some more verb on the snare would be cool.
I'm not a fan of the super thin acoustics but they do support the rhythmic vibe.
Those "come to me"s are souding too wet on the reverb. They are enhancing a lot of air in my opinion which can translate as harsh on some audio systems.
On the breathy "come to me", the compression is way too heavy that it's giving out a clipping sound. You should dial that back I don't think it sounds good.

all in all it's a grate take!! keep it up. It sounding very nice.

Hey Shul!
Thank you for noticing. Yes, the guitar part you are speaking of its in there, but a bit "hidden". I liked the vibe of the song with the guitars taking the 3rd spot, in the instrument "hierarchy" lol I found them a bit distracting, taking too much from the well recorded vocals. On regards to the snare, I agree. While I would have submerged the drum kid in a bus with a "hall" verb preset in any other track, I felt a needed to create some sort of contrast between the wet vocals and a mild wet drumset. So I went with how the kit was produced.
On the vocal parts you are describing, there are a few "glitches" from production. For example, the chorus section of "I need to know you" forces you to automate a EQ cut on the first syllable; As it hits the compressor hard(it probably happen during production)
Since the chorus sections came on stems, its difficult to blend those track to the whole song without sounding out of place. There's only so much you can do to that. In cases like this, I like to compromise.