Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
SIIREN 2016 V 2024 MIX
great sense of space and openness, personally i would target a more intimate and warm midrange on the overall balance but i think thats down to taste.
the vocals could need a bit more stability, i stacked compressor and multiband compressor each doing about 1-2 db with low ratios and slow attack times to get it to sit nicely, and filled it out with short delays
I listened to 2024_2. No real complaints. Maybe the low end is a bit much but I'm not in a position to tell at the moment and it's probably fine for the genre anyway.
The only issue I noticed is that there's a dip in level/energy at about 30 seconds in. Right before the breakdown into the first verse.
Other than that it sounds really good.
Thanks guys . I'll revise some details and see if I can make sound better. I think I over saturated on third version.
hi shul, lacks the bounce, ;been listen to bee gee reference and blondie think this is possible due to subs on kick, seems to make the track drag,

cheers.
(21-04-2024, 08:18 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: hi shul, lacks the bounce, ;been listen to bee gee reference and blondie think this is possible due to subs on kick, seems to make the track drag,

cheers.
What do you mean by bounce?
Hi , Shul , I think I mean groove , been listening to BEE GEES staying alive album, siren has the same disco drums.
when listen to the bee gees in a instant its in the pocket and make you want to move, I think this has to do with the kick and the bass working well to gather and the bass having very short note that do ring into the next beat. also the balance of hi hat .Also they have little sub energy in the mix . subs have longer sin waves and make music sound like it drags.

Hope this is a little more helpful.
(21-04-2024, 09:31 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: Hi , Shul , I think I mean groove , been listening to BEE GEES staying alive album, siren has the same disco  drums.
when listen to the bee gees in a instant its in the pocket and make you want to move, I think this has to do with the kick and the bass working well to gather  and the bass having very short note that do ring into the next beat. also the balance of hi hat .Also they have little sub energy in the mix . subs have longer sin waves and make music sound like it drags.

Hope this is a little more helpful.
You mean something like this would be better?

.mp3    SIREN_2024_disco.mp3 --  (Download: 757.14 KB)

Hi shul yes for me that`s great; less weight to pull along ,could bass drop down a 2db? its just sitting on top of kick rather than kick and bass being one.
I like how the rest sits, Nice warm sound.
well done ,nice work .Hope this helps?