Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My not alone version
HI everybody, this is my first post.

I try this mix just to try some new plugins in the studio.

Ihope you will enjoy it.

I think that the takes are not bad, there are sam saturation, the piano in particular is very bad. A lot of drum in the guitar mic. Some drum error like sink between snare and kick that I try to correct.
A bottom mic on the snare would be better.
I use the external kick with a low pass at 100hz like a sub kick, and I make all the drum as much as possible phase coerent betwen the overheads and the other mics.
I use parallel compression on lead vox, snare and mono drum mic.

On the voice there is a very bad ground noise, But I like very much the singer.

Mix on Reaper5, I used fabfilter eq comp and lexicon pcm reberb and dly

p.s.
Sorry for my very basic english

Not Alone 2: some work on drum, snare, hihat, drum reverb

.mp3    Not Alone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.84 MB)

.mp3    Not Alone2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.84 MB)

WOW!!! Marco, For me this is about as good as it gets. Beautifully polished with everything sitting perfectly. Amazing Vox processing as well. I'm very envious of your ability. This is too Good! Big Grin

Dave.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thankyou very much.
Please don't be envious .. my name is Marco not Dave Pensado!!!!
This night I try to do better snare (the original tracking is not so good), and to put a little bit longer rev on drum but I'm not shure about this cose for me the song is a pop song but with a soul core so I don't to put to much fx on it.
Other problem is the hihat that is so present in the overheads and ride so far.

On the drum tom ftom and snare there are a lot of overtones, So I eliminate with very narrow eq to clean the sound.
I try always to use less plugins as possible, les some times is better... a song is not a womenTongueTongueTongueTongue

I used only 2 reverb 1 dly eq and comp.

But I'm happy with this mix.

If you have questions or suggestions I will appreciate.
Nice Mix! What did you do on the Kick, Like the sub Smile
I used the out mic of the kick like a subkick of yamaha.
When I record a drum I use a 8 inch woofer with a DI box just out of the kick in rock, or large condenser mic in pop blues or jazz but not so closed as the woofer.
Normaly I put a low pass filter between 100 and 300 hz dipending of the soud that I want, more or less punch.
In mix I serch the better phase between the two mic moving the track.
Nothing else... eq and little bit of compression but not too much.
Some times I do a parallel compression but not in this case, I use it in rock or when I need a lot of presence in very
crowded mix.
Thank you Marco! Smile
(13-02-2016, 11:25 AM)August Wrote: Thank you Marco! Smile

If you have any question please don't exitate
In this version I try to do better snare, put down a litle tom and ftom, and other litle change... nothing in particular.

.mp3    Not Alone3.mp3 --  (Download: 15.84 MB)

Some nice ideas expressed here. I think the guitar could be articulated better as it seems a bit thick. lead vocal is nicely done but I am missing some of the unison vocals on the lead. The backgrounds have some cool environmentals. I like your snare. It is pretty well placed with good effects and tone. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I'm interested in your piano treatment.