Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's Entertainment - Manges mix
So, I thought it was time to post my delivered mix. Listening only to others mixes for a while I now find my mix dry, very dry and on the verge of too loud. I remember the other songs I recorded with them called for a wetter sound and they got it. I had some grand plan/vision about having this opening track dryer but I can´t put that to words now.

One thing I did that I don´t think no one else done so far.. I wasn´t that fond of the stereo image of the piano. I monoed it and used a stereowidener plugin on it. In my case I used the bx_stereomaker wich I got this christmas. It was on sale $9. It´s regular price is $129 wich as all regular plugin prices is heavily overpriced. Demo it and if you like it, put it on your "get when on sale" list.

.mp3    Thats Entertainment.mp3 --  (Download: 5.61 MB)

Wow that's nicely done. Chrystal clear and very well balanced. It's very accurate to what it would be like to be front and center at a choir concert.

(05-02-2016, 10:46 AM)mange Wrote: So, I thought it was time to post my delivered mix. Listening only to others mixes for a while I now find my mix dry, very dry and on the verge of too loud. I remember the other songs I recorded with them called for a wetter sound and they got it. I had some grand plan/vision about having this opening track dryer but I can´t put that to words now.

One thing I did that I don´t think no one else done so far.. I wasn´t that fond of the stereo image of the piano. I monoed it and used a stereowidener plugin on it. In my case I used the bx_stereomaker wich I got this christmas. It was on sale $9. It´s regular price is $129 wich as all regular plugin prices is heavily overpriced. Demo it and if you like it, put it on your "get when on sale" list.

Sounds lovely Mange. It's certainly dry but it works well because of the balance and arrangement you have. Really like the piano sound you have achieved, spacious but focused and not dancing around. Thanks for sharing this. Big Grin

Dave.