Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leaf- Wicked
This was a fun song to mix. I really like the way the drums turned out. I also dirtied up the heavier guitar parts a bit to give them a bit more grit int the mix. I spent a lot of time trying to get a much larger spacial feeling than the offical version had. As always any feedback is always welcome.

...And problem solved. Thanks Shul for the feedback.

.mp3    LEAF- Wicked Master MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)

.mp3    LEAF- Wicked Master 2 Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.45 MB)

Hey Juan

This is great! Honestly I really like it. Good balance and everything.
I only found one detail. The snare. When the snare hits, I hear extra sound on my right. Could this be the mono overhead track you are talking about? If you panned the overhead mono to the right then that would explain the extra snare sound hevier on my right. Unless its something else.. But by the end of the song, my right ear felt weird because of that. (I use headphones) If you mix on monitors then perhaps you can't really tell that much.

Other than that this is great!!! Smile
Yeah you're right. I plugged in a pair of headphones and its right where I boosted the EQ to bring out the ride. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to compensate for that either by using the same eq curve on the left overhead or by panning the snare a bit more to the left. Good catch. Thanks for the feedback!

(05-02-2016, 04:25 AM)Shul Wrote: Hey Juan

This is great! Honestly I really like it. Good balance and everything.
I only found one detail. The snare. When the snare hits, I hear extra sound on my right. Could this be the mono overhead track you are talking about? If you panned the overhead mono to the right then that would explain the extra snare sound hevier on my right. Unless its something else.. But by the end of the song, my right ear felt weird because of that. (I use headphones) If you mix on monitors then perhaps you can't really tell that much.

Other than that this is great!!! Smile