Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot Upper Hand
Good time mixing another great Patrick's tune
Thanks Patrick
D

.mp3    Patrick Talbot Upper Hand [mixed by DaveDaG].mp3 --  (Download: 10.43 MB)

Glad you had a good time mixing the tune Dave!
You mix sounds pretty good to me. Only one (very little) nitpick from me: I miss the accent electric guitar, especially the first time it comes in, it's very low and could use a boost of a few DBs IMHO. Apart from that, great job! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(01-02-2016, 05:32 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Glad you had a good time mixing the tune Dave!
You mix sounds pretty good to me. Only one (very little) nitpick from me: I miss the accent electric guitar, especially the first time it comes in, it's very low and could use a boost of a few DBs IMHO. Apart from that, great job! Smile

Thank for listening and for the feedback
Cheers
d

This one was my favorite mix.

Very controlled mix in a good way. Everything blends nicely.

To my ears vox has too much reverb, singer is almost speaking… But that ’s just me.
Vox also a bit dark, articulation could come out a bit clearer.
(01-02-2016, 05:15 PM)DaveDaG Wrote: Good time mixing another great Patrick's tune
Thanks Patrick
D

Dude this is excellent. The intro gtrs fullness works here, I scaled back in light of the bass part that comes in but here its all working.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(03-02-2016, 04:25 PM)Olli H Wrote: This one was my favorite mix.

Very controlled mix in a good way. Everything blends nicely.

To my ears vox has too much reverb, singer is almost speaking… But that ’s just me.
Vox also a bit dark, articulation could come out a bit clearer.

Thanks Olli
that's true about the vox, it's a bit wet
I did not tune it (as requested) 'cause I tested new Harrison Mix3us interim release and I've not melodyne on that, so I tried to glue the vox with the mix making use of an old school trick (very light ping pong tremolo efx on the side) plus reverb
it works, but it's no transparent at all Wink
(03-02-2016, 09:23 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 05:15 PM)DaveDaG Wrote: Good time mixing another great Patrick's tune
Thanks Patrick
D

Dude this is excellent. The intro gtrs fullness works here, I scaled back in light of the bass part that comes in but here its all working.

Thanks Digi,
Patrick 's Taylor guitar sounds great as source also Wink
(04-02-2016, 11:06 AM)DaveDaG Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 09:23 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
Thanks Patrick
D

Thanks Digi,
Patrick 's Taylor guitar sounds great as source also Wink

I was not going to do a final revision but after hearing yours it motivated me to finish it off.. I got off to a rough start lol.. it is great source material.. I had to use the Oxford Envolution to take back the punch on the snare about 1db.. thats how well recorded this is.. its the first song I've ever had to scale back punch instead of adding...
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.