Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UpperHand- Patrick Talbot (Shul Mix&Master)
Took into consideration what Patrick Posted however I had some trouble in the mix.

I tuned the voice in some areas using melodyne however I didn't go so much on it to not change the natural singing. I did find it hard to fit the voice in this mix but hopefully is good.

Piano had a ringing freq. around 2khz... when it sums up with organ and acoustics there is a feedback in the back. removed that problem.

Acoustic guitar and that bass is what drove the grove from my perspective and everything else was supporting them. So I took that approach in my mix.

So like Patrick said is a straight forward mix session.
Hope you all like it.

Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Saludos!!

Update: version 2 with minor tweaks regarding Comments. You won't here a BIG difference.. but there is a difference. Also I mix is going to be a couple of Db louder because I didn't bypass a gain on the master. It doesn't change the mix though sound is the same only 2 or 3 db louder.

.mp3    UpperHand-Patrick Talbot (Shul).mp3 --  (Download: 10.31 MB)

.mp3    UpperHand-Patrick Talbot2(Shul).mp3 --  (Download: 10.31 MB)

Pretty good balance here,all in all a good mix.
Good work indeed.The only thing I would say is maybe the vox are a bit too loud overall
but that's preference .
(31-01-2016, 12:28 PM)takka360 Wrote: Pretty good balance here,all in all a good mix.
Good work indeed.The only thing I would say is maybe the vox are a bit too loud overall
but that's preference .

Good to hear man thank you. And yeah the voice is a bit up front but I felt it had go stand out a Lil.
Sounds fine to me Shul! I agree that the acoustic and bass are driving the tune, and you've featured them nicely.
The drums could be a little stronger though, but it's a preference thing, I suppose. The horns could have been made a bit bigger as well (I think takka got that better in his mix).
The vocal is quite up front indeed, but you did well with the tuning. Good job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(31-01-2016, 09:12 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Sounds fine to me Shul! I agree that the acoustic and bass are driving the tune, and you've featured them nicely.
The drums could be a little stronger though, but it's a preference thing, I suppose. The horns could have been made a bit bigger as well (I think takka got that better in his mix).
The vocal is quite up front indeed, but you did well with the tuning. Good job!

Hey thanks Patrick. I will lower the voice a bit since takka and now you say is a bit too up fronf... See if I can get more power on drums (it will be somewhat complicated hehehe) and turn up the horns some more with different eq settings to get fuller sound without jeopardizing the guitar solo. Perhaps automation.

Thanks for listening and thanks for supplying the tracks!

Update: version 2 with minor tweaks regarding Comments. You won't here a BIG difference.. but there is a difference. Also I mix is going to be a couple of Db louder because I didn't bypass a gain on the master. It doesn't change the mix though sound is the same only 2 or 3 db louder.
Good mix!
v2 sounds better to me. Cool! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thanks Pavel, thanks patrick!!!
Hi shul your vocals feel abit upfront imo which you are already aware of, apart from that it's not bad at all.