Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixed on a tablet with cheap earbuds
Hi! This was a crazy experiment I did yesterday, I mixed this song on my windows tablet using the earbuds of my low-end phone.

For mixing I used reaper, this was my first time mixing in reaper. I used the plugins that come with reaper and I was surprised with what you can do with only 1gb of ram!

I heard the mix on the headphones I use for mixing (I don't have studio monitors) and thought it was ok, so I decided to share it with you, opinions?

Greetings from Argentina!

.mp3    sleep.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

That's pretty good for the gear you used.Some stuff gated and cleaned up etc would give your mix more definition and clarity .
See if you can get some better mixing phones or monitors as you will benefit from it .
(30-01-2016, 02:48 PM)takka360 Wrote: That's pretty good for the gear you used.Some stuff gated and cleaned up etc would give your mix more definition and clarity .
See if you can get some better mixing phones or monitors as you will benefit from it .

Thanks for comment! You are right I nedd to put EQ and gates and a lot of things, but this was an experiment and I only applied eq on kick, bass and voice, some compression on drums and voice and put a little bit of reverb, and levelled all tracks.
Maybe I'll give it a little bit more work, but still in the tablet and with earbuds. I wanna see how far can I go with that!