Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - You And Me And The Radio (M&F)
(22-02-2016, 05:26 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: I can appreciate what you want to get out of this mix, a dynamic, bright, and tight mix. However the kick seems to be really lacking that rock and roll thump, it actually sounds more like a lower pitched snare than a kick drum. A small boost around 50-60 Hz in the kick would bring some of the energy back to the kick. The snare also has a brittle sound to it, probably from too much bottom snare in the mix. Back off the bottom snare and boost the top for some more weight. The vocals sound have a rich, warm sound to them. They need a stereo reverb on them just to have some more space around them and to fit them more into the room that the drums and guitar are in. For the chorus at least, some parallel compression would help the drums to pop out a touch and to help differentiate it from the verses. Overall I like were the mix is headed, it just needs more time for polishing.

Thanks. I left the mix here at the 80% point having not made a decision yet on the final adjustments you mention.. I pulled back on the kick to avoid it being too much thump under the bass gtr.. but my gut wanted more low end.. The verb on the vox I had planned to add more and then mute them in the "tic toc" break to highlight the silence then bring the verb back in, but didn't apply it in this 80% version. This is likely the only song I've posted that I didn't consider finished because the previous version to this one I had experimented with another chain of tools and it didn't fair well, so this version was a quick band-aid post to recover from the last one..

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.