Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zwiepack - "Summertime" | DWM Mix & Master
I had fun with this. Jazz is definitely something on the outside of my comfort zone. When I heard the stems by themselves, I thought that they could be fine by themselves. So it took some exploring to try different things. Im pretty happy with the mix, however, I know one of my weaknesses is the bass region, since my monitors don't really go that low.

Tell me what you think!

.mp3    Summertime.mp3 --  (Download: 6.33 MB)

David,
Having mixed this song too, I'd say you are doing just fine with the low end. I'm not sure about you but my best arbiter of low end is in my car! The only negative thing I could say about this fine mix is that the kick seems to lead a bit too much in places. Other than that, this is excellent.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
The only thing for me is that through my monitors I'm getting a quite a lot of low end, actually. Could be my room though.

Sounds good!
(25-01-2016, 05:13 PM)davidwmontgomery Wrote: I had fun with this. Jazz is definitely something on the outside of my comfort zone. When I heard the stems by themselves, I thought that they could be fine by themselves. So it took some exploring to try different things. Im pretty happy with the mix, however, I know one of my weaknesses is the bass region, since my monitors don't really go that low.

Tell me what you think!

After having mixed and later on compared several versions, I can confirm the low end is fairly too loud, both kick that may need a transient taming and the upright bass. Headset and control room confirm the impression.
On the other end the ride cymb is nicely set in place.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland